Serving those responsible for combating corrosion
Extend the recognition of corrosion as a problem, requiring specialised attention.
Promote standardisation in corrosion technology.
Promote study and scientific research into corrosion and materials protection technology and more.
This is generally referred to a metal because:
- Metals are normally highly conductive
- Metals are usually vulnerable to electrochemical reactions
Whydoes it affect you?
There is a massive health and safety risk, financial implications and environmental impact if we do not take care of our respective assets.
The economic loss of corrosion worldwide is estimated to be greater than US$2.5-trillion, while in South Africa, the direct cost of corrosion is estimated to be around R130-billion (+-4% of our GDP)
Howdo you deal with it?
Here are a few prevention techniques,
but not limited to:
Use protective coatings, metal plating, corrosion inhibitors, cathodic protection, anodic protection. Contact us for more information on preventative techniques.
What the Corrosion Institute offers
The Corrosion Institute offers a variety of courses, events, and discussion forums including matching job seekers with employers. The job portal allows employers to post vacancies and jobseekers to apply.
Become a Member
Benefits of being a member
- Welcome letter.
- Membership Certificate.
- Newsletters with updates about events and industry.
- Preferential pricing where applicable.
- Regional technical meetings.
- Training discounts.
- Discounted venue hire rates.
- Social functions.
- Company profile on the Corrosion Institute website for company membership.
- Preferential sponsorship and promotional opportunities.
- CorrISA generated enquiry forwarding service.
- The right to vote on Corrosion Institute matters.
- Eligibility for election to the Corrosion Institute Council.