CorrISA Gauteng Region
Dear CorrISA Individual, Corporate Members and NACE Attendee,
CorrISA proudly invites you to a Feedback Session, on this project initiated by Edward Livesey your President and the members of your Executive Committee.
The session will be presented by Dr Ivor Blumenthal, whose Consulting Practice, ArkKonsult has been contracted by CORRISA to lead this process, intended to result in the registration of the “Professional Body” with the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
The following will be discussed:
- Why a Professional Body is URGENTLY needed in the Corrosion Sector, and which Industries constitute the “Sector of Corrosion”
- The Benefits of being offered Professional Recognition in South Africa, for NACE-Certified Graduates and for others who have earned Qualifications and Certifications in the Corrosion sphere
- What the Professional Designation Taxonomy for Corrosion looks like, and which Professional Designations will be piloted before the end of the year amongst exiting members
- What Provider Endorsement activities will be initiated by the Professional Body ensuring quality assurance of Teaching and Training activities currently in the marketplace
- Plans to initiate a Continuous Professional Development (CPD) process for Professionals who are Designated by the Professional Body
- The Grading System for Corporate Members which will go a long way to contributing towards your BBBEE Scorecards
- The Implementation of a Skills Trust for the Sector designed to provide Bursaries, Learnerships and Skills Grants and aid in the implementation of Enterprise Development Laboratories and Social Development initiatives
Please forward this invitation to anyone who may benefit by attending this informative presentation.
Thursday, 20 July 2017
17:30 for 17:30
@ the CORē, 38 Allan Rd, Glen Austin, Midrand
Please follow this link to confirm your attendance
Refreshments will be served!
Hosted by The Corrosion Institute
(Directions to venue are available upon request)
Enquiries: CorrISA 010 2240761